Friday, August 12, 2011

PEASANT DRESS FOR FAT QUARTER FRIDAY

During the week I purchased this lovely sewing pattern called The Brooke Peasant dress (all sizes from 6mths to 12 years including a bonus doll dress to match) from Little Lizard King on etsy. I have become so obsessed with machine embroidery that it was lovely to use my sewing machine and overlocker for a change.

This dress is a size 2 and I used four fat quarters for this project. Yes that's right only 4 fat quarters, one for the front, one for the back, one for both sleeves and one for the strip at the bottom (note the sleeves and strip are a different colour to the body as I like contrast you could of course use all the same fabric.


Very easy to follow pattern with clear instructions and a few variations as well. Sewing/cutting time was about 3 hours as I was constantly interrupted that day (remind me to put the answering machine on next time) and I am sure I could do it in just over an hour all up.

I choose fabrics from my stash as this was the first time making one and I have some gorgeous fabric lined up for the next one - see pic 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment