Wednesday, July 13, 2011

PERSONALIZED PILLOWCASE

Inbetween all my sewing orders this week I have found the time to make a pillowcase using a tutorial I found on the internet.
I managed to find two fabrics the main fabric a lovely floral was reduced at Spotlight to $6.00 (from $14.95)and a gorgeous green to match (not reduced).
Instructions were very easy to follow and as an extra step I decided to embroider her name on the side strip.
You can find the measurements and instructions here at MaryQuilts.com




Once completed I realized that the pillowcase was way too big (perhaps pillows are a different size in the US) so out came the mat and rotary cutter and several inches later viola all finished.
Will be making one for each of the nieces and nephews as birthday presents so will take note of the measurements and post when I make another one shortly.
I think these are gorgeous what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. What a great gift idea Leeanne! The above pillow case looks gorgeous.Love the pattern/solid colour combo. Just adding the person's name really makes it that much more special.
    Lucky nieces and nephews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! The contrasting personalised strip is a nice touch. You might have to start selling pillowcases in your stores!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something about green and pink!

    ReplyDelete